Monday, June 22, 2009

Big News!

No, we're not pregnant! :) Michael matched for his Cardiology fellowship back at the University of KY! We are really excited....I guess...it was his first choice. I'm torn because I don't want to leave all of my wonderful friends I've made! However, our family life will be so much better at UK than it would've been if we stayed at UAB. He'll be on call every 12th night verses every 5th night. So, that's a huge plus and I know that everything works out for a reason. Too much thought and prayer and had gone into this decision. We will begin a new chapter in our life next June. Until then, I will cherish every moment we have here with our wonderful friends! (I can't really think about it too much because I tend to start getting a little tiery eyed!)

On a different note, Bailey had her one year check up last week...two weeks late. She weighed 18 lbs 1.5 oz.- she's in the 10th %ile. However, she's 29 1/2 inches long and is in the 70th %ile. The doctor said she's tall and skinny, but I have no clue where she got the "tall" from! We've been going to the pool almost every day and Bailey loves the water! She's also getting a pretty good tan. And yes, she's wearing TONS of sunscreen! :)

1 comment:

The Slagleys said...

Congratulations! I know you guys are so excited to be back with family! We are definitely going to miss you, but how could you pass up less than half of the call time? Every 12th night sounds amazing! Tell Michael we are so happy for him!