Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Caroline has arrived...major ice storm in Paducah

My sweet niece, Caroline, was born Tuesday at 2:53 am. She weighed 6 lbs. and was 20 inches. She is perfect! My sister, Laura, only pushed twice. She had an easy labor with no complications- praise God! My mom, dad and I were there at the hospital when she delivered. I still haven't slept in over 48 hours!!!

This wonderful news has been dampened by the horrible ice/snow storm that hit Paducah. I will post pictures later...but I have two words- "war zone." I have never seen anything like it in my life. There are trees and powerlines down everywhere and 99% of the city is without power. Laura is still in the hospital but must leave by Thursday at midnight. No one has power in Paducah. She is thinking they may come to Birmingham and I really want them to. They can't go home to a freezing dark house! They don't even know if they're house is still in one piece. My dad was going to check today, but there are no phone lines that work so no one can communicate with each other. The land lines and cell phones are completely dead.

I am asking everyone to please pray for my family and friends back home. Michael and I left this morning because we knew Bailey needed to be in a house with heat. My heart is deeply saddened right now when it should be such a joyous time. I just pray that my family and friends are okay. Last night the sky lit up like fireworks because transformers were blowing and powerlines were coming down. Every 5 minutes you could hear trees crashing down. We stayed at a friends house and a tree came through their home. Everyone was okay thankfully. I am just so thankful Michael and I could make it home today. The Lord was truly watching over us.

I will post pictures probably tomorrow. Please pray for everyone hit by this awful catastrophic disaster.

No comments: